- Smoking is only allowed outside.
- No (state level) illegal drugs or alcohol allowed on the premises. Anyone appearing intoxicated or mentally impaired will be refused admittance to the Dungeon (hereafter referred to as the Reformatory.)
- Cell phones should be silenced and only used outside of the Reformatory and play spaces.
- No cameras, Personal Digital Assistants, or other video or audio recording devices allowed without Catalyst knowledge and consent.
- Prostitution, solicitation, and negotiating BDSM for money at events is not tolerated.
- Respect Security, Staff, and Dungeon Monitors (DMs), and abide by their instructions; their decisions are final. Any questions or concerns regarding activities taking place in the Reformatory should be directed to a DM.
- Respect other attendees. Do not touch people, toys, or personal equipment; or interrupt a conversation without explicit permission. “No” means no & does not require a reason. Do not say “maybe” when you mean “no.“ All activities must be consensual, and consent can be withdrawn at any time. What or who is seen at the event stays at the event. Refrain from wearing heavy perfume or cologne.
- Watch scenes from a respectful distance (5 feet at least) and keep conversations, laughter, and comments low. DO NOT talk to the players or otherwise intrude on a scene unless specifically invited by the participants. Most scenes include aftercare, so stepping away from equipment does not necessarily mean a scene is over. If unsure, wait for eye contact and approval from the Top, or consult a DM.
- Yelling/shouting “RED” or “SAFEWORD” at a level audible to a DM is a SERIOUS call for help, resulting in DM intervention and ending the scene.
- Safer sex practices are encouraged. Surface barriers (towels or sheets) are required when ANY bodily fluids are present.
- Please limit scenes to 30 minutes to one hour so that others have time to play. Administer aftercare away from the play station as soon as possible. Busier parties may lead to a limitation of 30 minutes per station.
- Respect the space. Cleaning materials are provided. Wipe down equipment with disinfectant, leave on for 30 seconds, wipe down surfaces, and clean up surrounding areas after your scene. Trash can be disposed in the main trash cans provided. Do not move furniture without DM approval. Place used linens in the large container near the linen shelves. No food or drink other than water in the Reformatory.
THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES ARE PROHIBITED or RESTRICTED:
No. Firearms of any type are prohibited inside Catalyst.
No open flame without express prior approval.
No candles or liquid paraffin without express prior approval
No puncturing of skin without prior approval and proper safety and protection.
Scat play/water sports
Not allowed within our space.
We ask that you verify with a DM prior to scene
Consentual Non-Consent (CNC)
Due to the fact that this can create an unsafe environment for others enjoyment, we ask that you check in with a DM prior to scene
- A “Tasting” is an opportunity to observe, experience, and ask questions about a particular type of play. It is NOT a scene - respect the time and application limits determined by the educator.
- Catalyst is a sex positive center WITH a Dungeon. Not everyone understands D/s dynamics or BDSM concepts, so assume no one is familiar with your personal protocols or is intentionally violating them. If a boundary is crossed, politely correct them; if unable to do so, ask a DM for assistance.
- Appearances and accessories are subject to interpretation by differing lifestyles, so expect others may not attribute the same significance to specific items or actions and no offense is intended.
- Some people do not consider BDSM in itself to be a sexual activity. Do not assume someone engaging in BDSM is also interested in having sex.
- Be personally responsible for yourself and your bottom. Ensure all aftercare needs are on hand before beginning a scene. Be aware that subspace can alter the way a bottom communicates and avoid overreacting to any interactions they may encounter to which you aren’t accustomed.Type your paragraph here.